[AFS_OSU] Adelet Foundry Tour through foundry club

Moodispaw, Michael P. moodispaw.4 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Wed Sep 15 17:59:00 EDT 2021

All,

We have the opportunity to tour Adelet foundry (aluminum foundry) on Tuesday October 8th. If you are interested in joining us on this tour, please respond directly to this email. The details are as follows:

Departure from OSU campus: We will meet at the Varsity Club parking lot at 6:30am (Corner of Lane Ave and Tuttle Park) to leave.

Arrival & Tour: Arrive just before 9am so the tour can begin at 9am. The tour will last around 2 hours and finish around 11am.

Departure from Adelet: We will leave after the tour finished. AFS has offered to take us to lunch after the tour on our way home.

Foundry operations typically do not make for interesting tours during mid-day, as most melting and casting is done in the evening or the early morning for energy supply reasons. This is why we are departing early in the morning to be there at a reasonable time.

If you need a ride or would like to carpool, please indicate so on your response email. Please ask any other questions by responding directly to this email.

Best,
Michael

Michael Moodispaw
​​​Graduate Research Associate, he/him
Lightweight Materials and Manufacturing Research Lab
Foundry Club Chair
Material Science and Engineering, OSU

moodispaw.4 at osu.edu, Fontana Lab 2165