[AFS_OSU] Scholarship Opportunity

Moodispaw, Michael P. moodispaw.4 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Wed Dec 1 10:33:55 EST 2021

All,

Please take just a couple minutes to fill out the attached scholarship form from our AFS COC partners. They have $4,500 of scholarship money to award to OSU foundry club students this year. Applications are due by Dec 31st (cc me on the submission email), and the scholarships will be awarded in January. Please see the attached notice sheet for information about the application requirements and objectives.

I highly encourage any members who are interested in metals casting, the club, foundry related anything, and have shown some participation or interest to apply, including graduate student members and officers.

Also, I know we haven't been able to have a lot of activities this semester. The foundry was set to moved early this semester, so as many of you saw the equipment has been disconnected/packed so we have not been able to use it. Luckily, the equipment should be moved by the end of the year and is expected to be operational again in February. If you are interested in getting help with a casting design of your own, please reach out to me directly or in the foundry club GroupMe<https://groupme.com/join_group/57782545/miZZFSvD>. We can help to turn your idea into something castable when the foundry is operational again next semester.

Please email me with any activity/event/design/project ideas, questions, or feedback you have, so we can better use club time to do what is most interesting to the group. All constructive feedback is welcome. If you are interested in getting more involved with the club by becoming an officer or interested in research opportunities, I would be happy to discuss it with you.

FILL OUT THE SCHOLARSHIP!!!

Best,

Michael Moodispaw
​​​Graduate Research Associate, he/him
Lightweight Materials and Manufacturing Research Lab
Foundry Club Chair
Material Science and Engineering, OSU

moodispaw.4 at osu.edu, Fontana Lab 2165