[AFS_OSU] Post-meeting information

Moodispaw, Michael P. moodispaw.4 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Thu Oct 31 15:23:39 EDT 2019

Hey,

Just a quick update from the meeting yesterday.

Please fill out the following poll so we can schedule more casting time next week (we will be making different patterns than last time), and select a new pattern!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfYKL8V4Qr03mOSgsrhHvWyMjrwAW2vkUo4LPF0ptdh-N6PWg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Attached are the slides we went over at the meeting regarding officers, tours, talks and patterns. We will be planning a professional talk and foundry tour with St. Marys foundry for early next semester.  Also next semester we will get to work right away on one or two new patterns!

If you have any questions about officer roles please let me know. Also, note that if you would like to be an officer, you will need to show up for our meetings and casting sessions unless you have direct conflicts. If you are interested in officer positions please email me which position you are interested in.  I may do the officer elections as an online poll because it is difficult to to work around everone's schedule and that way everyone would get to vote (so please let me know if you are interested and which position by the end of November)

We may or may not have another meeting this semester (12/2 or 12/3). This will depend on the officer elections and everyones general feelings about having a meeting at the start of finals week.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggeestions.

Best,

Michael Moodispaw
​​​Graduate Research Associate
Light Metals and Manufacturing Research Lab
Department of Material Science and Engineering
Foundry Club Chair-in-Training

moodispaw.4 at osu.edu