[AFS_OSU] Meeting Reminder, Scholarships

Moodispaw, Michael P. moodispaw.4 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Sun Oct 27 16:22:07 EDT 2019

Hey,

Just a reminder about an iron pouring session tomorrow morning around 10am in the foundry. This is just to observe an research experiment involving casting ductile iron. Please come wearing natural fiber clothing, closed toed shoes, and pants. Please remain on the viewing platform and do not go down to the foundry floor.

We will be having an information and planning meeting this Wednesday from 5:15-5:45pm in WA 395 (third floor of Watts Hall). We will be discussing officer positions, plant tours and some professional development, meeting and foundry session planning, as well as voting on a new pattern/ project to pursue making this year!  There will be food of course.

Also, do not forget to fill out the AFS scholarship attached to this email! Deadline to submit application is November 16th. This is an easy way to get scholarships if you are involved in the club! Awards will be announced by the end of November. Please email your applications to myself, Ridgeway.38 at osu.edu, or to Mark Harmeyer (info inside application).

I will be passing back the stadiums we made last week at both of these meetings.

Best,

Michael Moodispaw
​​​Graduate Research Associate
Light Metals and Manufacturing Research Lab
Department of Material Science and Engineering
Foundry Club Chair-in-Training

moodispaw.4 at osu.edu