[AFS_OSU] Iron Casting and Next Meeting

Moodispaw, Michael P. moodispaw.4 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Thu Oct 24 16:42:13 EDT 2019

Hey guys,

For anyone interested, there will be an iron pouring in the foundry this coming Monday (10/28). The process is quite different than aluminum and is pretty interesting to watch. The estimated time of pouring is about 10am. If this changes I'll update you. The same dress rules apply for this visit; pants, closed toed shoes, and natural fiber clothing. When you arrive, do not go down the stairs to the foundry floor, please stay on the viewing platform for safety.

We will have a shorter meeting next Wednesday (10/30) from 5:15-5:45pm. We will be discussing officer positions, new pattern designs, and some information about foundry tours. Food will be provided as always and i'll be passing out stadiums that we made this Tuesday. We have not established the room for the meeting yet so i'll send out another email Tuesday as a reminder and include the room number. If anyone is interested in the officer positions but cannot make the meeting, (this is just for information we will be selecting officers at a meeting later this semester) just let me know and I can provide that information for you. Likewise if you cannot attend and want your stadium just email me to set up a time to pick it up (i'll bring them Monday as well).

Enjoy your weekends and keep an eye out for an email update early next week.

Best,

Michael Moodispaw
​​​Graduate Research Associate
Light Metals and Manufacturing Research Lab
Department of Material Science and Engineering
Foundry Club Chair-in-Training

moodispaw.4 at osu.edu