[AFS_OSU] Kickoff Meeting Follow-up

Riffle, Kelsey G. riffle.81 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Thu Jan 18 18:42:57 EST 2018

Thank you to everyone who made it to the meeting this evening!  Here are some of the upcoming opportunities for the semester!

Join Foundry Educational Foundation (FEF)

In order to be a member of our organization you MUST register with FEF.  It takes about 5 minutes and it’s completely free!  Sign-up here<https://www.fefinc.org/students.html> to have access to scholarships and the chance to attend the Casting Industries Conference in November 2018.

Time in the Foundry

Thursday, February 1 | 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM | MacQuigg 050

Tuesday,  February 6 | 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM | MacQuigg 050
Learn about the process of sand molding and make some of our pre-existing patterns.  Please fill out this when2meet<https://www.when2meet.com/?6601025-dUvnx> if neither of those times work for you so we can pick the best time for everyone to be in the foundry.

Central Ohio AFS Meeting

Wednesday, January 24 | 6:00 PM | Makoy Center (5462 Center Street, Hilliard, OH 43026)

Join the Central Ohio AFS chapter for scholarship night where we will be presenting what all we’ve accomplished this year!  RSVP here for a chance to win $50.  We will be giving a presentation our chapter and last semester’s accomplishments.  It would be great to have as many students there as possible.  They will also be handing out student scholarships.  If you received a scholarship, please attend this meeting!  A delicious Taco Bar dinner will be provided.  Please RSVP here<http://www.afscentralohio.org/> for a chance to win $50.  If you need a ride, please email Kelsey Riffle (riffle.81 at osu.edu<mailto:riffle.81 at osu.edu>) so we can set up a carpool.

Columbus Blue Jackets Fundraiser

Friday, February 2 | 7:00 PM | Nationwide Arena

Help our organization by cheering on the Columbus Blue Jackets (or San Jose Sharks)!  You can purchase tickets here<https://www.groupmatics.events/event/OSUFoundry> for $40, $7 of which will come back to the organization so we can provide more opportunities for the organization.  You can network with local professionals and enjoy a great game!

Officer Positions

We’ll be looking for new officers next year!  We need a new Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.  Please reach out to the current officer if you’re interested!  These are great opportunities to build up some leadership experience with a fairly low time commitment.

Follow us on social media!

[cid:image003.png at 01D39049.B664AD60]

Have a great Friday and enjoy the weekend!

Kelsey Riffle
The Ohio State University | Materials Science and Engineering
President | Society of Women Engineers OSU Chapter
Vice President | American Foundry Society OSU Chapter
(740) 973-2020 | riffle.81 at osu.edu