[AFS_OSU] Foundry Club Kickoff Meeting Recap

Riffle, Kelsey G. riffle.81 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Thu Sep 7 23:34:03 EDT 2017

Thank you to everyone who attended the kickoff meeting tonight!
If you missed the meeting, here are a few important updates:
Membership
To become a member of the club, you must register with Foundry Educational Foundation (FEF).  It's super easy, free, and they give out scholarships!  Here's a link to their website (http://www.fefinc.org/students)
Upcoming Opportunities

  *   Foundry Time
We try to meet up in the foundry every couple of weeks.  Fill out this when2meet so we can pick a time that works for as many members as possible! (https://www.when2meet.com/?6316142-M1mXB)

  *   Rimrock Corporation Tour
When: Wednesday, September 13th (leave campus at 2:30 PM)
We will be carpooling so please send an email to myself (riffle.81 at osu.edu<mailto:riffle.81 at osu.edu>) or Tori (hicks.462 at osu.edu<mailto:hicks.462 at osu.edu>) so we can be sure you have a ride!  Not sure what Rimrock Corporation does?  Check out their website!  http://www.rimrockcorp.com/

  *   Central Ohio AFS Meeting
What: Join the Central Ohio AFS chapter for their September meeting!  Attendees will get to network with local foundry professionals and enjoy a free dinner!  You can RSVP for a chance to win the $50 RSVP raffle! (http://www.afscentralohio.org/)
When: Thursday, September 21st (6:00 PM)
Where: Makoy Center (5462 Center St., Hilliard, OH 43026)
We will be carpooling so let us know if you'll need a ride!  More details to come closer to the time.

Leadership Opportunities
We need a new Vice Chair for Spring 2018 and a new Treasurer and Secretary for Autumn 2018.  There will be a mandatory meeting for those interested in running.  Let us know if you're interested or want to know more about becoming an officer!

Have a great weekend and Go Bucks! 😊

Kelsey Riffle
The Ohio State University | Materials Science and Engineering
President | Society of Women Engineers OSU Chapter
Secretary | American Foundry Society OSU Chapter
(740) 973-2020 | riffle.81 at osu.edu