[AFS_OSU] Foundry Club Update (10/5)

Hicks, Tori hicks.462 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Thu Oct 5 12:26:15 EDT 2017

Hi everyone!

We will be having our next foundry time on Tuesday October 10th at 10am. EHS will be present to evaluate the foundry, so we would like to have as many members present as possible! Closed toed shoes, long pants, and natural fiber clothing are required to participate in the foundry. This info is reiterated in the upcoming events below.

Upcoming Events:

Foundry Time

When: Tuesday, October 10th 10AM

Where: MacQuigg Lab Room 050

What: Join us to learn how to make green sand castings! EHS will be evaluating the foundry at this event. Close toed shoes, long pants, and natural fiber clothing are required.

Central Ohio AFS Meeting At OSU!

When: Thursday, October 19th 6PM

Where: MacQuigg Room 160

What: We will be hosting the Central Ohio AFS Chapter at OSU! This will include an update on the projects we will be working on along with a tour of the foundry. This is a great way to network with local foundry professionals in a layed back setting. Adriaticos will be provided by Central Ohio AFS! You can RSVP for a chance to win the $50 RSVP raffle! (http://www.afscentralohio.org/)

Casting Industry Conference (CIC) Delegate Selection

  *   When: November 15-16
  *   Where: Chicago, Illinois
  *   Website: http://fefinc.org/2016-cic-recap.html
  *   FEF CIC conference is a great opportunity to network with industry professionals, other AFS student chapters, and give you the opportunity to attend a career fair with casting companies looking for interns and full time employees. Junior and Senior are eligible to attend, as long as they have not already made a job commitment. Please email myself or Colin Ridgeway if you are interested in attending! I went to CIC last year and can answer any questions you may have! Deadline to apply is October 13th

Leadership Opportunities
We need a new Vice Chair for Spring 2018 and a new Treasurer and Secretary for Autumn 2018.  There will be a mandatory meeting for those interested in running.  Let us know if you're interested or want to know more about becoming an officer!

Scholarship Opportunities

  *   FEF Scholarships
     *   For a full list of current FEF scholarships, please click here http://fefinc.org/scholarships.html and apply!!

Best,

[1457591741436_signature.png]
Tori Hicks
Vice-Chair | American Foundry Society OSU Chapter
College of Engineering Materials Science and Engineering
Mobile: 330-858-1563 | hicks.462 at osu.edu