[AFS_OSU] Recap of Foundry Meeting (09/07)

Riffle, Kelsey G. riffle.81 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Thu Sep 8 10:33:27 EDT 2016

Hi all!

We had our first meeting in the foundry yesterday.  We went over the basic casting process that we use and all of the do's and don'ts of casting.  If you were unable to make this meeting, contact one of the officers and we will do our best to give you all of the information you need to know.

We have been offered the opportunity to tour two different foundries: General Motors and Casting Solutions.  Please fill out this survey<https://goo.gl/forms/dAACdLKZRGreFpvv2> if you are interested!

General Motors is located in Defiance, about 2.5 hours away.  Casting Solutions is located in Zanesville, about an hour away.  We would carpool to get to these tours and drivers would be reimbursed for gas mileage.

The first Central Ohio AFS Meeting of the semester is Thursday, September 15th at 6:00 PM at the Holiday Inn in Worthington (7007 N High St, Worthington, OH 43085).  If you need a ride, please contact one of the officers and we will try to help you find a ride.  These meetings are a great way to network with local foundry professionals and enjoy a free dinner!

  *   Colin Ridgeway.38
  *   Tori Hicks.462
  *   Michael Posner.20
  *   Kelsey Riffle.81

As always, if you have any questions at all, feel free to reach out to any of the officers and we will do our best to answer them!  Have a great weekend and Go Bucks!

Kelsey Riffle

The Ohio State University | Materials Science and Engineering
Secretary | American Foundry Society OSU Chapter
Big-Little Coordinator | Society of Women Engineers OSU Chapter
(740) 973-2020 | riffle.81 at osu.edu