[AFS_OSU] Last Meeting Recap for the Week

Riffle, Kelsey G. riffle.81 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Sat Oct 22 09:56:21 EDT 2016

Hi all!

I apologize for so many emails this week!  I promise this is the last one this week!

Thank you to everyone who attended the Central Ohio AFS Meeting Thursday night!  We had a great turn out!  Hopefully you had a chance to network with some of our local foundry professionals.

We will be taking a tour of TinkerOmega and possibly O.S. Kelly on Tuesday, November 1st sometime in the afternoon.  Please sign up here<https://goo.gl/forms/LmBJ2TomemxSMFl63> by Sunday, October 30th so that we can arrange rides.  If you sign up, we need you to attend as Wil Tinker and Rob Hill are taking time out of their day to show us his company.  Please be respectful of that.  If you are no longer able to attend after signing up, please let me (riffle.81) know no later than Sunday, October 30th.   We want to be sure to give Wil and Rob an accurate number of attendees.

We are also doing a fundraiser with the Columbus Blue Jackets.  We are selling lower bowl tickets for $40 to the Blue Jackets v. New York Rangers game on Friday, November 18th at 7:00 PM.  Spread the word!  The flyer will be sent out as soon as we have the document.  Print it out and share it with your friends and family.  The more tickets we sell, the more money we raise for the club and the more supplies we can purchase so we can do some amazing projects!  The link to the website to buy tickets is here<https://groupmatics.events/#/event/OSUFoundry16>.  Share the link on any social media platform!  This is a great way to reach people!

Chop Shop Social is this coming Tuesday, October 25th at 6:30 PM.  We hope to see you there so we can get to know each and every one of you!

We are almost done making stadiums!  Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far!  Keep an eye out for an email with another date to make the final stadiums next week!

Thank you again to all of those who attended the meeting and I hope to see some new faces at our upcoming events!  As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Have a great weekend and Go Bucks! [😊]

Kelsey Riffle
The Ohio State University | Materials Science and Engineering
Secretary | American Foundry Society OSU Chapter
Big-Little Coordinator | Society of Women Engineers OSU Chapter
(740) 973-2020 | riffle.81 at osu.edu