[Vwoolf] Ignore that recommendation for a DVD drive

Edward Mendelson edward.mendelson at columbia.edu
Thu Jan 11 23:09:51 EST 2024

!-------------------------------------------------------------------|
  This Message Is From an External Sender
|-------------------------------------------------------------------!

In a message a few minutes ago about running the VW CD-ROM on a Mac, I recommended an Asus external DVD drive. Ignore that recommendation. The drive works on two Mac machines that I tested, but the current MacBook Air model doesn’t provide enough power for the drive to run. So you’ll be safest buying something else - probably whatever Amazon recommends should work.