[Vwoolf] Woolfian citing

Sarah M. Hall smhall123 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 15 12:19:31 EST 2023

 Thanks, Stuart. Another on the list to visit (though not at the moment, as it's having a refit).
Sarah

    On Wednesday, 15 November 2023 at 16:30:04 GMT, Stuart N. Clarke via Vwoolf <vwoolf at lists.osu.edu> wrote:

  I thought I wrote to the list a few years ago, saying that they weren’t allowed to shoot inside the lighthouse, so it’s a mock-up. The real, old inside is (supposedly) on display in the Maritime Museum in Falmouth. Stuart From: Sarah M. HallI thought I wrote to the list a few years ago, saying that they weren’t allowed to shoot inside the lighthouse, so it’s a mock-up.  The real, old inside is (supposedly) on display in the Maritime Museum in Falmouth. Stuart From: Sarah M. Hall via Vwoolf Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2023 4:00 PMTo: vwoolf at lists.osu.edu ; Christine Froula Subject: Re: [Vwoolf] Woolfian citing I saw this one recently too, Christine! I wasn't convinced that it was really filmed at Godrevy Lighthouse. It seemed a bit cramped, but perhaps the walls are very thick. Mrs Tishell's beau said there were X number of steps: I'm afraid that I saw this one recently too, Christine! I wasn't convinced that it was really filmed at Godrevy Lighthouse. It seemed a bit cramped, but perhaps the walls are very thick. Mrs Tishell's beau said there were X number of steps: I'm afraid that I don't remember how many, but it was in the hundreds and seemed an unfeasibly high number for a construction that is reportedly 26m/85 feet high. It didn't take them long to get there. Don't know how far the fictional Portwenn is supposed to be from St Ives, but the real village of Port Isaac, where it is filmed, is 54 miles, or a drive of about an hour and a half.
 Still, it was nice to see Godrevy featured. I think Mrs Tishell should have read the book, but perhaps that's tricky with a permanent neck brace. Sarah
Sarah M. Hall
Executive Council
Virginia Woolf Society of GB
Web: virginiawoolfsociety.org.uk
Facebook: @VWSGB
Twitter: @VirginiaWoolfGB
Instagram: @virginiawoolfsociety     On Wednesday, 15 November 2023 at 13:28:04 GMT, Christine Froula via Vwoolf <vwoolf at lists.osu.edu> wrote:   Lovely, Melba, thanks!

On a rather different note, in case any of you are Doc Martin fans, I
just saw the episode where the recently widowed Mrs Tishell motors to
the Godrevy Lighthouse on a quasi-date with a man from her reading
group--a Woolf pilgrimage for them, though the sceptical Mrs T has not
gotten past the first page. Fun to be on the boat, on the lighthouse,
inside too if that part is actually filmed there.

Happy autumn,

Christine