[Vwoolf] Alison Bechdel Edition of To The Lighthouse

Hagen, Benjamin D Benjamin.Hagen at usd.edu
Wed May 3 12:23:01 EDT 2023

Peeking inside the Amazon preview<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.amazon.com/Lighthouse-Penguin-Classics-Deluxe/dp/0143137581__;!!KGKeukY!2Y2onRD32GLkR-ByQwVDh_aRflIStf6t4vY74WFu6iIf3Adzx5hhNdAbd5smfzf8cUT8W0RJ-ZwZBWGJWOVlRvPhYD0Kvw$ > of the edition is worthwhile.

Interesting that neither Hermione Lee (who wrote the introduction to this Penguin edition) nor Stella McNichol (who edited the text and wrote the notes) are given credit on the cover…

The “deluxe” just refers to the design of the book, I believe (deckle edge, illustrated cover). It’s the same “Penguin Classics” edition, as far as I can tell, that has been available outside the U.S. since 1992. Lockwood’s foreword is new.

Ben