[Vwoolf] IVWS CFPs for MLA 2024 (Deadline Approaching)

Hagen, Benjamin D Benjamin.Hagen at usd.edu
Mon Mar 13 10:28:11 EDT 2023

Dear all,

A reminder that abstracts for the three IVWS/MLA calls for papers are due in two days. To read a full description of our guaranteed session, visit our website here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://v-woolf-society.com/cfps/__;!!KGKeukY!2z4OKEmK8sTmGsBkZLyvTQrsI24-N5rRPU-0Ugz9bMv2hyMEeONnKKjQZDxQV5BM2G4RrqkevQ8iLlV_uNfFrnhnXcidkg$ . Erica Delsandro (ericadelsandro at gmail.com<mailto:ericadelsandro at gmail.com>) is organizing this session, titled “Rethinking Woolf and Race.” Send an abstract in!

We have two more CFPs, though! These are not guaranteed sessions, but we have had very good luck the past two years getting more than one proposal accepted by the MLA program committee.

  *   100 years of Mrs. Brown: Human character may have changed on or about December 1910, but 2024 is the centenary of “Mr. Bennett and Mrs. Brown.” How do we understand Woolf’s theories of fiction now? Send abstract to: mwilson4 at umassd.edu<mailto:mwilson4 at umassd.edu>.

  *   Celebrating Virginia Woolf’s 18th Century: Beyond Woolf's call to lay flowers on Aphra Behn’s grave or borrowing “Common Reader” from Johnson, we invite proposals considering Woolf’s engagement with eighteenth-century literary history, aesthetics, biography, fashion/decor, print culture & printing technologies, waxworks, politics. This is a joint proposal with the American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies. Send abstract to: mwallace at ncf.edu<mailto:mwallace at ncf.edu> and engell784 at duq.edu<mailto:engell784 at duq.edu>.

All best,
Ben
–
Benjamin D. Hagen, Ph.D. (he/him/his)
Associate Professor | Dept of English
University of South Dakota | Dakota Hall 204
–
I acknowledge that the University of South Dakota is on indigenous territory. This land is the traditional territory of Dakota, Lakota, Umonhon, Ponca, Otoe, and Ioway nations.