[Vwoolf] "Good Housekeeping" wasn't racist or imperialist, Virginia!

Jillian Clare j.clare at qut.edu.au
Thu Jan 26 00:12:30 EST 2023

Thankyou everyone.

I’m sorting thorough old diaries trying to reduce clutter. I’d written this on her birthday in 1990; it’s from a Diary entry dated September 4, 1927:
“I have never forgotten …. My vision of a fin rising on a wide blank sea. No biographer could possibly guess this important fact about my life in the late summer of 1936: yet biographers pretend they know people.”
Critics and journalists think they do too. Keep up the good work everyone
Kind regards
Jillian