[Vwoolf] Two Orlando events in Boston/Cambridge this weekend

Avery, Todd Todd_Avery at uml.edu
Fri Dec 8 11:17:02 EST 2023

Dear Friends,

Boston-area Fans of Orlando may be interested in the following two events happening this weekend:

1.  Boston University's School of Theatre is presenting a stage adaptation of ORLANDO on the BU campus:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.bu.edu/cfa/news/articles/2023/bu-school-of-theatre-presents-orlando-at-booth-theatre/__;!!NcNAlj2UIVkjDA!764KBbMlsyiYkjiTxy750B0xqXQiZf61h-kv7Lic0hz9NQACF5ORmtqCKRrm7ZFA5yTwhjcseMwrIqK83rAKlYY$

I saw this thoroughly enjoyable performance of Sarah Ruhl's stage adaptation with a Woolfian friend last night.  The Booth Theatre is a theatre in the round; the visuals and music are superb, the acting excellent.  I'm especially impressed with how the student actors grasp the humor of Woolf's words.

2.  The Brattle Theatre, in Cambridge, is screening a new documentary titled ORLANDO, MY POLITICAL BIOGRAPHY, by the philosopher Paul B. Preciado.  This documentary, by a trans filmmaker, uses Woolf's novel to tell the stories of a number of trans and non-binary individuals.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://brattlefilm.org/movies/orlando-my-political-biography/__;!!NcNAlj2UIVkjDA!764KBbMlsyiYkjiTxy750B0xqXQiZf61h-kv7Lic0hz9NQACF5ORmtqCKRrm7ZFA5yTwhjcseMwrIqK8MOwgvOs$

Take good care, everyone.

Todd

Todd Avery