[Vwoolf] Quote source?

Jean Mills millsj7 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 17:18:40 EDT 2022

Thanks, all! what I don't understand is why isn't what she actually wrote
(for example, on solitude, in I dunno, say in AROO, enough?) sheesh, the
truthiness of it all is frightening. Anyway, thanks for the course
correction. The author, Heather Hansen, was grateful for the confirmation.
-Jean

On Sun, Jul 10, 2022 at 6:37 PM Sarah M. Hall <smhall123 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Found on web pages going by the 'poetic' names of:
>
> The Soul Garden Pathway
> The Empty Round Table
> QuoteFancy
> RelicsWorld
> Curated Quotes
> Gracious Quotes
>
> and, disappointingly, Huff Post. Nowhere scholarly or reputable that you
> would imagine actually checks their sources before publishing. Who has time
> for that?
>
> Another candidate for the Misquotations and Misattributions page, Stuart? (
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.virginiawoolfsociety.org.uk/resources/misquotations__;!!KGKeukY!0M7jJy9O8-NLkHxm79Qvdzs6moYTEq3-0zZ9BYUhMOQvaFuXCTQgmt43M9P1g7cHTubs3dA3ONMmL9rGvNI$ )
>
> Sarah
>

> Sarah M. Hall
> Executive Council, Virginia Woolf Society of GB
> Web: virginiawoolfsociety.org.uk
> Facebook: @VWSGB
> Twitter: @VirginiaWoolfGB
> Instagram: @virginiawoolfsociety
>

> On Saturday, 9 July 2022 at 07:25:39 BST, Jean Mills via Vwoolf <
> vwoolf at lists.osu.edu> wrote:
>

> I think AROO in various quote-y thangs online, with names like libquote
> quotefancy azquotes … ufff awful! So it’s invented, yes? Thx all for the
> good intel which I will pass along. Jean Sent from my iPhone On Jul 8,
> 2022, at 1:16 PM, Stuart
> I think AROO in various quote-y thangs online, with names like libquote
> quotefancy azquotes … ufff awful! So it’s invented, yes? Thx all for the
> good intel which I will pass along. Jean
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jul 8, 2022, at 1:16 PM, Stuart N. Clarke via Vwoolf <
> vwoolf at lists.osu.edu> wrote:
>

> Nothing to do with Woolf, as far I can see. Where has it been attributed
> to Woolf? Stuart From: Jean Mills Sent: Friday, July 8, 2022 8:31 PM To:
> Woolf list ; Stuart N. Clarke Subject: ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
> ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
>
> Nothing to do with Woolf, as far I can see.  Where has it been attributed
> to Woolf?
>
> Stuart

Jean Mills (she, her, hers)
Associate Professor
The Department of English
John Jay College/CUNY
524 West 59th Street, Room 7.63.12
New York, NY 10019

Selected Publications:
"Feminist Theory" in *The Oxford Handbook of Virginia Woolf*, ed. by Anne
Fernald, Oxford University Press, 2021.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.oxfordhandbooks.com/view/10.1093/oxfordhb/9780198811589.001.0001/oxfordhb-9780198811589__;!!KGKeukY!0M7jJy9O8-NLkHxm79Qvdzs6moYTEq3-0zZ9BYUhMOQvaFuXCTQgmt43M9P1g7cHTubs3dA3ONMmgohma9w$

*Nancy Cunard: Perfect Stranger *by Jane Marcus; Edited and with an
Introduction and Afterword by Jean Mills. Clemson University Press, Fall,
2020
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://libraries.clemson.edu/press/books/nancy-cunard-perfect-stranger/__;!!KGKeukY!0M7jJy9O8-NLkHxm79Qvdzs6moYTEq3-0zZ9BYUhMOQvaFuXCTQgmt43M9P1g7cHTubs3dA3ONMmRy4MOw4$

"'With every nerve in my body I stand for peace': Jane Ellen Harrison and
the Heresy of War" in *Reconsidering Peace and Patriotism during the First
World War *(Palgrave/Macmillan, 2017)
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.palgrave.com/de/book/9783319513003__;!!KGKeukY!0M7jJy9O8-NLkHxm79Qvdzs6moYTEq3-0zZ9BYUhMOQvaFuXCTQgmt43M9P1g7cHTubs3dA3ONMm9-1IwZQ$

*Virginia Woolf, Jane Ellen Harrison, and the Spirit of Modernist
Classicism *(The Ohio State University Press, 2014)
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ohiostatepress.org/Books/Book*20Pages/Mills*20Virginia.html__;JSU!!KGKeukY!0M7jJy9O8-NLkHxm79Qvdzs6moYTEq3-0zZ9BYUhMOQvaFuXCTQgmt43M9P1g7cHTubs3dA3ONMmzrJHXOs$

Associate Editor, *Feminist Modernist Studies*

212.237.8706
JEMILLS at JJAY.CUNY.EDU