[Vwoolf] Guidance about Woolf-Related Photograph Permissions

danelljones at bresnan.net danelljones at bresnan.net
Tue Dec 20 15:07:14 EST 2022

Dear Woolfians:

I am very happy to report that Hurst, UK, will be publishing my manuscript
on Woolf and the Dreadnought hoax-wooo hooo! I am thrilled and thankful to
everyone who helped me with this book. And it just may be out in June 2023.
Fingers crossed.

I would like to include some images of Woolf and her family and, especially,
one or both of the hoaxers Lafayatte studio portraits. While I can get
digitized images of both, none of the organizations selling them claims
copyright and tells me that I need to find the copyright holder. Has anyone
gone through this process with the hoax images? Can you advise me?

As for other Stephen family photos, does anyone have any recommendations of
the best places to find our copyright holders and get permissions? There are
so many copyright laws in play right now that it all seems a bit of mire.

If possible, I would like to include photographs of Virginia and Leonard as
well as Leslie, Julia, Thoby, Vanessa, and Adrian-possibly Laura and the
Duckworths.

Thank you all so much for any help you can offer,

Danell