[Vwoolf] Woolf Mention in Family Letters

Amal Zaman amalzaman9 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 08:52:24 EDT 2021

Hello Woolfians!

I so enjoy this community and want to share my recent Woolf trivia.

I found a letter from my grandmother--who was living with my grandfather in
Benghazi, Libya at the time (1983)--to my father in Karachi, Pakistan. She
mentions that my grandfather had been reading a book about the life of
Virginia Woolf. I'm curious as to which particular text he might have been
reading.

They were living in a hotel while my grandfather was teaching Physics at
Benghazi University and she also mentions many English teachers from
various countries were staying there whom they would socialize with.
Perhaps one of them lent a copy?

All best,
Amal Zaman
PhD student at Fordham University