[Vwoolf] Laura Marcus

Eleanor McNees Eleanor.McNees at du.edu
Thu Sep 23 16:18:27 EDT 2021

Dear Angeliki and All,

I am so sorry to hear this sad news and wanted to express both my condolences to you, Angeliki, and to those who knew Laura better than I did, though my interactions and snatched conversations with her over the course of the past 15 years were always wonderfully generous and engaging. She was a major participant at the 2008 Virginia Woolf Conference I hosted in Denver, both presenting her own work and introducing Andrew McNeillie. I admired her books and essays  immensely and always marveled at the depth and range of her scholarship. I’m disappointed that I’ll never have a chance to meet and talk with her again.

Sincerely,
Eleanor

Eleanor McNees, PhD
Professor of English