[Vwoolf] Outside/rs 2022 Conference - Registration Open

Marielle O'Neill (1806529) PHD M.ONeill at leedstrinity.ac.uk
Mon Nov 15 07:17:48 EST 2021

Dear All,

We are thrilled to announce that registration is now open for:
Outside/rs 2022 Conference: Making Space at the Queer Intersections of Sex and Gender
1-2 April 2022, University of Brighton, hybrid delivery
With keynotes from Dr Ulrika Dahl and Dr S.N. Nyeck

Click here to register for the conference: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://delegate.brighton.ac.uk/outsiders2022__;!!KGKeukY!ntyCmBlSUXTe3B10tlwIFZIYpJ4KE-0HC3ZbI7DMqMuPSGKTbS1KWe4pSNVL69acP5U$
Click here to view our Call for Papers/Participants:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://outsiders2022.wordpress.com/call-for-participants/__;!!KGKeukY!ntyCmBlSUXTe3B10tlwIFZIYpJ4KE-0HC3ZbI7DMqMuPSGKTbS1KWe4pSNVLGOcrdGE$

Outside/rs 2022 is a conference that platforms those researching and working with themes of sex, gender, queerness, community and exclusions. If you are a postgraduate researcher, early career researcher, or live, work or create in a marginalised community, then please join us in April, either online or in-person at the University of Brighton.

Please forward this email to those who may be interested in attending the conference or submitting a paper.

Conference Theme:
For those who exist in queer, marginal, or dissident relations to normativity in its various guises, the 'outside' is a familiar place. As Virginia Woolf famously noted, to be locked out of or barred from spaces of privilege was, and still is, a common experience for women. This is also a common experience for queer, trans or LGBTQIA+ people, as well as BIPOC communities, disabled and neurodiverse people, working class and colonised populations, and many others. You can read more on our themes at our website here.<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://outsiders2022.wordpress.com/themes/__;!!KGKeukY!ntyCmBlSUXTe3B10tlwIFZIYpJ4KE-0HC3ZbI7DMqMuPSGKTbS1KWe4pSNVLJqLJQYI$ >

Keynotes:
We are excited to welcome Dr S.N. Nyeck, author of African(a) Queer Presence and the Routledge Handbook of African Queer Studies for our virtual keynote; and Dr Ulrika Dahl, author of Femmes of Power: Exploding Queer Femininities for our in-person keynote.

Submit an abstract:
We encourage postgraduate, early-career researchers, and community members to submit a paper on a topic of their choice relevant to one issue, or more than one, to look at, for example, the intersections of class, race and queerness. Read more about our submission guidelines in our Call for Papers linked above.

Please send abstracts of 300 words to outsiders2022 at gmail.com. Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously so include all personal information (e.g., name), in the body of the submission email only. Please also include if you are submitting for the virtual or in-person conference, and your preference for which day. The deadline for the submission of abstracts and panel proposals is 9th January 2022.

Website: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://outsiders2022.wordpress.com/__;!!KGKeukY!ntyCmBlSUXTe3B10tlwIFZIYpJ4KE-0HC3ZbI7DMqMuPSGKTbS1KWe4pSNVLwLuwdkI$

All are welcome to attend.

Thanks, and warm wishes,
Marielle

Marielle O'Neill
Postgraduate Researcher, Leeds Trinity University
Executive Council Member, Virginia Woolf Society of Great Britain
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.virginiawoolfsociety.org.uk/events/__;!!KGKeukY!ntyCmBlSUXTe3B10tlwIFZIYpJ4KE-0HC3ZbI7DMqMuPSGKTbS1KWe4pSNVLoy6oRvE$
Programming Co-chair, Outside/rs 2022 Conference
m.oneill at leedstrinity.ac.uk
Pronouns: She/Her