[Vwoolf] Oxford Handbook of Virginia Woolf

Anne Fernald fernald at fordham.edu
Thu Aug 12 12:54:35 EDT 2021

Dear Woolfians,

Now available in print and online! I'm so proud to be able to tell you that
the *Oxford Handbook of Virginia Woolf
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.oxfordhandbooks.com/view/10.1093/oxfordhb/9780198811589.001.0001/oxfordhb-9780198811589__;!!KGKeukY!mtlNvMLy7hTgfc9TRQTBsekawtCqJmAJ-f41VoltlkR_c5JQwXwTfVgTqMb_tPpNgWo$ >*is
out today. I edited this volume which includes thirty-nine original
chapters by a richly diverse set of contributors. I am particularly excited
for you to see all the many angles on Woolf's commitment to feminism
here--the book explores both her commitments and her legacy. And each
contributor eagerly took on my stipulation that chapters reference a
diverse range of writers, with a special focus on non-white writers where
possible and appropriate to the topic, so I am confident that even as you
delve into topics that are familiar to you, you'll find more references to
BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and other people of color) writers and critics
than you do in prior works--it's my hope that this generates lots of new
ideas, too. And there's a LOT more, too, but I'll let you dive in and peek.

Please encourage your library to purchase the book and please visit your
library's OUP reference link to read the chapters. Each one offers new
insight and exciting new perspectives on Woolf.

Many thanks and big congratulations to all thirty-nine authors here.

Yours,

Anne

Anne E. Fernald <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.fordham.edu/info/24101/anne_fernald__;!!KGKeukY!mtlNvMLy7hTgfc9TRQTBsekawtCqJmAJ-f41VoltlkR_c5JQwXwTfVgTqMb_sFLoPwU$ > (she/her)
Professor of English and Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
Special Advisor to the Provost for Faculty Development
Coeditor, Modernism/modernity
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.press.jhu.edu/journals/modernismmodernity__;!!KGKeukY!mtlNvMLy7hTgfc9TRQTBsekawtCqJmAJ-f41VoltlkR_c5JQwXwTfVgTqMb_Etvx-9I$ >
*The Norton Critical Edition of *Mrs. Dalloway
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://wwnorton.com/books/9780393655995__;!!KGKeukY!mtlNvMLy7hTgfc9TRQTBsekawtCqJmAJ-f41VoltlkR_c5JQwXwTfVgTqMb_hM-vYZ8$ >
*The Oxford Handbook to Virginia Woolf
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://global.oup.com/academic/product/the-oxford-handbook-of-virginia-woolf-9780198811589?resultsPerPage=2700&lang=en&cc=us__;!!KGKeukY!mtlNvMLy7hTgfc9TRQTBsekawtCqJmAJ-f41VoltlkR_c5JQwXwTfVgTqMb_XmuRfl8$ >*
fernald at fordham.edu

*My working hours may not be the same as yours. Please reply when it suits
your work schedule. *