[Somean] Friday: Professional webpages and choosing journals and conferences

Campbell-Kibler, Kathryn campbell-kibler.1 at osu.edu
Mon Aug 30 12:04:47 EDT 2021

Hey folks,

I’ve posted the So Mean schedule, but if you haven’t sent me a topic/title, please do so!

This Friday we’ll be talking about options for designing professional webpages and why they’re useful and what should be on them. We’ll also talk about journals and conferences in sociolinguistics and what their topics and audiences are and other useful bits to know about navigating choosing a venue. Nothing to read or prepare, but if you know any academics with really great webpages, bring them along! (I meant the pages, but feel free to bring the academics along as well, I guess, if you’d like.)

We’ll be meeting 10:30-noon this Friday at this link: https://osu.zoom.us/j/92375744093?pwd=Z1J3c0s2aTdEbHdjOU0xdXZHT1ovZz09

See you then!

-K

Kathryn Campbell-Kibler