[Sc-aquaponics] Fw: Sharing Heartbreaking News RE: Julie Strawser

Smith, Matthew A. smith.11460 at osu.edu
Thu Aug 11 10:08:36 EDT 2022

All,

Please see below the announcement of Julie Strawser's passing and information regarding the Celebration of Life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All,

Sharing this CaringBridge post from Julie’s family:

Dear Family and Friends,

Last evening (August 9th) our precious Julie passed peacefully surrounded by loved ones.  Thank you all so much again for your thoughts, prayers and good vibes that helped Julie throughout this journey.

A Celebration of Life will be held at The Gahanna Sanctuary, 82 N. High Street, Gahanna, OH on Sunday, August 28, 2022 from 2:00-5:00 pm for all family, friends and co-workers.

Julie loved her fur babies as well as all animals.  In lieu of flowers, it was Julie's request that contributions be made to Circle Area Humane Society, P. O. Box 784, Circleville, OH 43113 or online at circleareahumanesociety.com.

Love,

The Strawser Family

​Matt

[The Ohio State University]
Matthew A. Smith
Program Director, Aquaculture Extension

Madison County Extension Office
College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences
217 Elm Street, London, Ohio 43140
740.852.0975 ext 17 Office
smith.11460 at osu.edu
________________________________
From: All-agnr <all-agnr-bounces+smith.11460=osu.edu at lists.osu.edu> on behalf of Funk, Teresa via All-agnr <all-agnr at lists.osu.edu>

Subject: [All-agnr] Sharing Heartbreaking News RE: Julie Strawser

All,

It is with a heavy and broken heart that I share the news that our dear friend and colleague, Julie Strawser lost her battle with Bile Duct Cancer yesterday, Tuesday, August 9, 2022.

No words can express this loss, but I am comforted to know that Julie has been at peace with her decision to move into Hospice care and that she was finally in no pain the past several days.  I can’t say enough about Hospice/palliative care and their ability to focus on the comfort of the patient.

Julie’s sisters have been by her side for many weeks as well as her very dear friend, Brandi plus the countless cards, texts, CaringBridge posts from so many of you let Julie know how much she is loved.

Unfortunately, Julie probably wasn’t aware of the impact that she made on those she encountered along her way, always with a big smile, kind word, and a happy heart.

We have lost a loving, dear friend, but God has gained an amazing angel!

As Dr. Tracy Kitchel stated in his message to his staff,” We don’t have any other details, but I’m certain the family would appreciate any positive thoughts or prayers you’re willing to share in their direction.”

I will share details once plans are finalized for a memorial service/celebration of life to be held in the coming weeks.

All I can say is to remember to hug your loved ones tight and “make today amazing”!

Teresa .

Teresa S. Funk

Ohio State University Extension

Office Administrative Associate

Agriculture and Natural Resources

32 Ag Administration Building

2120 Fyffe Road

Columbus, Ohio 43210

(614) 688-0442 - office
(614) 309-3487- mobile

funk.67 at osu.edu<mailto:funk.67 at osu.edu>

extension.osu.edu

agnr.osu.edu

[cid:image002.png at 01D8ACAB.FFE67CB0]

Ohio State University Extension Agriculture and Natural Resources empowers Ohio’s agriculture and natural resources communities, provides outreach and education based on unbiased research, and cultivates relationships to strengthen the economic viability and quality of life for Ohioans.