[Sc-aquaponics] nanobubble research

Smith, Matthew A. smith.11460 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 12 10:42:02 EST 2021

All,

We are hearing more about nanobubble technology in aquaculture. UW-SP NADF has a current grant with this technology and just yesterday I saw the University of Hawaii was funded to investigate it in aquaculture and aquaponics.

Univ of Hawaii link: https://www.hawaii.edu/news/2021/02/01/nanobubble-tech-and-aquaculture/?fbclid=IwAR0FQGgx25wUdhMx_507JgIfCcCIyQciRGyp1V9OB6d8BkpZ_zFQZvg8Kv0

UW-SP NADF link: https://www.uwsp.edu/cols-ap/nadf/Pages/Nanobubble-Oxygenation-to-Enhance-Water-Quality.aspx

For those of you who are interested in what companies are involved in the Hawaii project, from the one pager I saw - "Two different NB generators, namely IDEC's AgriGaLF and a Moleaer's BLOOM IQ25 will be tested side-by-side along with conventional aeration."

Regards,

Matt

[The Ohio State University]
Matthew A. Smith
Program Director, Aquaculture Extension

Madison County Extension Office
College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences
217 Elm Street, London, Ohio 43140
740.852.0975 ext 17 Office
smith.11460 at osu.edu