[Pond-management-news] A few more pond-related words for the onset of fall

Braig, Eugene braig.1 at osu.edu
Mon Sep 21 17:31:41 EDT 2020

Greetings, my limnological chums.  I have a few more quick words for you.

1.      I was negligent last time I wrote to you, forgetting that Ohio State's huge annual trade show, Farm Science Review, is to be all virtual, all online, this year beginning tomorrow and running through Thursday.  Look for the button labeled "Click Here to sign up for My Show Planner<https://fsr20.mapyourshow.com/8_0/login/login.cfm>" on the https://fsr.osu.edu/ home page (or simply click the quoted text) to register and access all the titles being offered.  You'll then find lots of excellent natural-resources programming accessible from this page: https://fsr20.mapyourshow.com/8_0/#/searchtype/keyword/search/Gwynne%20Conservation%20Area/show/all.  In addition, I'll sit on a live wildlife and aquatics panel to answer your pond questions 1:00-1:30 pm on Wednesday, September 23rd.  I hope to chat with you then.

2.      Don't forget, Lucas County is hosting a virtual pond clinic at 6:30 pm on September 29th.  The disadvantage of the virtual pond clinic is the human interaction with the plastic box that is your internet-connected device is of a different quality than in person (especially when in person is in the presence of food taken in a social setting).  The advantage is that you can attend from absolutely anyplace you have an internet connection, hours of travel not required.  I'll be giving my talk on top 5 pond enquiries for Lucas SWCD.  If you've seen that particular talk before, you won't see much new here.  If you haven't (or even if you already have), please feel free to join in and ask your own pond-management questions to follow.  You can register here: https://www.lucasswcd.org/pond-clinic.html.  I look forward to interacting with pictures of you all as broadcast to a plastic screen on the 29th!

3.      Also don't forget, don't call my office while COVID finds me exiled from campus.  If you'd like to discuss issues related to the management of your own pond or lake (or whatever related to aquatic habitats, fish, fishes, fishing, or fisheries), please feel free to log on to my Tuesday afternoon virtual "office" hours, details here: https://senr.osu.edu/extensionoutreach/ponds-fisheries-aquatics/open-pond-clinic-zoom.

And, as always, be well out there.

Best,
Eugene

[The Ohio State University]
Eugene C. Braig IV Program Director, Aquatic Ecosystems
Ohio State University Extension School of Environment and Natural Resources
379a Kottman Hall | 2021 Coffey Rd. Columbus, OH 43210
614-292-3823 Office | 614-292-7432 Fax
braig.1 at osu.edu<mailto:braig.1 at osu.edu> osu.edu<http://osu.edu/>
http://senr.osu.edu/our-people/eugene-braig
My virtual office hours: https://senr.osu.edu/extensionoutreach/ponds-fisheries-aquatics/open-pond-clinic-zoom