[ΦTΣ] Please consider voting for Dr. Hamed Faridi for 2017 IFT President-Elect

Harry Levine levineharry at optonline.net
Thu Jan 26 16:16:56 EST 2017

Dear Friends and Colleagues of Dr. Louise Slade and myself,

Many of you are influential IFT members, who will soon be voting in the 2017
IFT Election for President-Elect.

Louise (my professional partner and spouse of 37 years) and I are writing to
you now to urge you to consider voting for our dear friend and esteemed
colleague, Dr. Hamed Faridi, for 2017 IFT President-Elect.

We're sure that many of you know Hamed personally, and thereby know him to
be eminently qualified for the position of IFT President-Elect. For those of
you who may not know Hamed personally, please take Louise's and my word for
the fact that Hamed would make an outstanding President for IFT. Louise and
I have known Hamed for the past 30 years, since we joined Nabisco in 1987,
where Hamed served as our Director of our Fundamental Science department for
the following ten years. Simply put, Hamed was the best technical
boss/manager Louise and I have ever had, in our 40-year-long careers in U.S.
food-industry R&D. Hamed went from Nabisco to McCormick, where he rose from
VP-R&D to become that company's prestigious Chief Science Officer. After
years of solicitations from IFT, Hamed has now enthusiastically agreed to
stand for election as President-Elect, and we all, as members of IFT, could
not be more fortunate that he has. Louise and I believe that Hamed's
leadership as President-Elect would strengthen IFT as an organization, and
its ties to industry (e.g. Hamed was previously President of both FEMA and
AACCI), academia, and government (e.g. Hamed has co-led IFT's Senior Food
Officials program for over a decade).

You all, our friends and professional colleagues, know Louise and me to not
be "political animals". That's why we hope you'll receive this unusual
message from us in the spirit it's intended. We sincerely believe that Hamed
is the best candidate and will make an exceptional IFT President-Elect. We
hope you agree, and will vote accordingly.

Thanks very much for your consideration, and best regards from Louise and
me.....Harry