[OSU-SLSR] Reminder: Service-Learning Grant Proposals Due Friday!

Cox, Harmony cox.529 at osu.edu
Wed Feb 26 09:51:31 EST 2014

Hello, SLSR Members-

I wanted to send out a reminder for our 2014 Service-Learning Course Grants program deadline, which is this Friday. Details below:

Service-Learning Course Grants
Deadline: Friday, February 28th, 2014

The Service-Learning Initiative, with support from the Office of Undergraduate Education and the Office of Outreach and Engagement, is pleased to offer our 2014 Service-Learning Grants as a part of the Outreach and Engagement grants program. These grants are available to any Ohio State University faculty or staff that will be teaching or facilitating a service-learning course in the 2014-2015 academic year(s). Applicants will be notified of their status in April. Grantees will be announced in conjunction with the University Outreach, Engagement, and Service Recognition Awards on May 1st, 2014.

Funding is available to support the following focus areas:

Course Development and Enrichment<http://service-learning.osu.edu/course-development-grant.html>: up to $3,000 for the development or further enrichment of service-learning courses that incorporate projects addressing community goals in such areas as health, community safety, youth, housing, and education. Projects will build student civic responsibility, enhance student learning through community engagement, and build the capacity of community partners.

Student Philanthropy (Pay It Forward)<http://service-learning.osu.edu/pay-it-forward-student-philanthropy-grants.html>: up to $4,000 for courses based around facilitating student philanthropy, along the Pay it Forward model as demonstrated by Ohio Campus Compact.

Planning to apply? Need more information? Please visit http://go.osu.edu/sligrants for the full RFP, application form, previous grant winners and more!

If you have questions or need technical support, please contact our office. I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Harmony Cox Program Coordinator
The Service-Learning Initiative
Room 204 | 53 W. 11th Columbus, OH 43210
614-247-4439 Office | 614-292-0555 Fax
cox.529 at osu.edu<mailto:cox.529 at osu.edu> | service-learning.osu.edu<http://service-learning.osu.edu/>

[The Ohio State University]