[OSU-SLSR] Distinguished and Emerging Service-Learning Award: Nomination Deadline Extended to 02/04

Harmony Cox HCox at esue.ohio-state.edu
Wed Jan 30 12:09:55 EST 2013

Hello, Service-Learning Scholars:
We wanted to let you know that the deadline for nominees for the Distinguished and Emerging Service-Learning Awards at the Outreach, Engagement, and Service Awards in May has been extended. Nominations are now due by midnight on Monday, February 4th 2013. Nominations can be submitted here: http://go.osu.edu/oeawards We are happy to be able to offer this extension to allow the weekend for anyone who is still working to complete their nomination materials. We strongly urge all of our service-learning instructors to consider nominating themselves for this award and give us the chance to share your great work with the university community at large. We also encourage you to consider nominating colleagues or exemplary students for the other awards categories. The call for nominations is below. If you have questions or need more information, please contact Outreach and Engagement at outreach at osu.edu<mailto:outreach at osu.edu>.
Thanks!
Harmony Cox
Program Coordinator
Service-Learning Initiative
The Ohio State University
53 W. 11th Ave, room 204
Columbus, OH 43210
O: 614-247-4439
http://service-learning.osu.edu<http://service-learning.osu.edu/>
hcox at esue.ohio-state.edu<mailto:hcox at esue.ohio-state.edu>

Call for Nominations

Distinguished Service-Learning Award

Emerging Service-Learning Award
Call for Nominations
The Distinguished and Emerging Service-Learning Awards are presented by the Office of Outreach and Engagement and the Service-Learning Initiative to recognize instructors at The Ohio State University who have rendered exceptional outreach and/or engagement within Ohio's communities through use of service-learning as a teaching method. For more information on service-learning, please refer to the Service-Learning Initiative at http://service-learning.osu.edu. Awards are given to projects that are truly distinguished. Recipients of these awards have made a significant contribution to service-learning at Ohio State, further establishing and strengthening Ohio State's commitment to academic excellence and supporting the communities we serve.
Nomination Process and Requirements
Substantive and detailed information outlining the instructor's qualifications and reasons for applying or being nominated should be submitted to http://go.osu.edu/oeawards by February 4th, 2013. Each application must include:

  1.  The completed application form
  2.  A 500-word narrative, including an overview of the project
The narrative should summarize the service-learning partnership. The summary should include an overview of the partnership; the scope of the partners involved and the reciprocity of the relationships between the university and partners; the integration of scholarship and learning; impacts of the partnership; and the evolution, duration, and sustainability of the service-learning work.
Award Guidelines
Recipients of the Distinguished Service-Learning Award will have demonstrated outstanding achievement in and commitment to service-learning by having established a project that has a long-term record of sustained impact and achievement.
Recipients of the Emerging Service-Learning Award will have demonstrated outstanding promise in service-learning with the development of a relatively new initiative that has shown the potential for long-term impact and achievement.
Timetable of Activities
Nominations accepted beginning: December 18, 2012
Nomination due: February 4th, 2013
Award: May 2, 2013 - award ceremony prior to the annual Patterson Lecture