[OOD-users] is nc/ncat an interactive app requirement?

E.M. Dragowsky dragowsky at case.edu
Thu Oct 25 10:08:29 EDT 2018

Greetings --

In implementation of the Jupyter app, I have indications that nc is
necessary for connections to compute nodes. The install documentation
indicates that it may be used to test that reverse proxy connections are
successfully configured (3.3 Verify it works)

The compute nodes in our cluster (rhel7) do not have the 'nmap-ncat'
package installed. When the package is installed, connections succeed.
Without the package -- the connection times-out.

I've done this on a subset of our nodes, and am preparing a 'change
request' to have the 'nmap-ncat' package installed on all the nodes. Please
let me know if I am only seeing part of the picture, or if what I describe
indicates other problems with my implementation of the interactive jupyter
app.

Thanks,
~ Em

--