[OOD-users] Dashboard not available for active directory accounts

Franz, Eric efranz at osc.edu
Wed Oct 10 12:14:46 EDT 2018

Andre,

For OnDemand a requirement is that each authenticated user has their own separate system account. This is because web servers run as the user and assume they are running as the user (and acting on behalf of the user). To implement this mapping, see https://osc.github.io/ood-documentation/master/authentication/overview.html and in particular https://osc.github.io/ood-documentation/master/authentication/overview/map-user.html

And https://osc.github.io/ood-documentation/master/infrastructure/ood-portal-generator/configuration.html#ood-portal-generator-configuration the user_map_cmd and user_env (which refers to the Apache named variable that will contain the information in that request necessary for the user_map_cmd to produce a corresponding system user). If you modify the ood-portal-generator config you will need to run the ood-portal-generator script that re-generates the corresponding Apache config.

Note that user_map_cmd could be any shell script you deploy on the web node, so if you can’t use a regular expression and instead need to look up the corresponding system user for the given AD user in a database or gridmap file this is an option: /opt/ood/ood_auth_map/bin/ood_auth_map.mapfile

Here is a description of the grid-mapfile file: http://toolkit.globus.org/toolkit/docs/2.4/gsi/grid-mapfile_v11.html

> The grid-mapfile file is plain text file, containing a quoted GSI Credential Name (the subject of an X509 certificate) and an unquoted local user name.

For example, you could do use this script and having a map file have a line like:

"john.smith" jsmith

Assuming that jsmith was the system user corresponding to john.smith AD user.

Thanks,
Eric

---
Eric Franz, Senior Web & Interface App Engineer
Ohio Supercomputer Center
An Ohio Technology Consortium (OH-TECH) Member
1224 Kinnear Road
Columbus, OH 43212
email: efranz at osc.edu