[OOD-users] evaluating ood and noVNC

John-Paul Robinson jprorama at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 14:45:58 EST 2018

Hi Alan,

I'm glad to hear that performance experience at OSU has been positive
for noVNC and Matlab.   This suggests it's a local issue we can resolve.

We are running our current beta ood on a login node for our slurm
cluster.  The node running ood is centos7.3 (cluster wide choice
currently).   It has 24 cores and 256G ram.  No real user load other
than beta ood.  Our compute nodes have turbovnc-2.2-20180927.x86_64 and
python-websockify-0.6.0-2.el7.noarch installed and are similarly
provisioned with RAM/cores/os.

Our notes for the install are here, in case you'd find it helpful:

https://gitlab.rc.uab.edu/jpr/ohpc_vagrant/issues/9

Let me know if there any potential tuning/debug items to look at.  I
realize there are many layers here so any obvious performance things to
check first would help.

Thanks

John-Paul

HPC Architect
Research Computing
UAB IT

P.S. Resent to list since I meant for it to go there.