[OOD-users] Apple Safari Basic Auth Warning

Ruffner, James Prescott (Scott) (jpr9c) jpr9c at virginia.edu
Wed May 23 17:05:14 EDT 2018

Thanks!

On 5/23/18, 5:02 PM, "OOD-users on behalf of Nicklas, Jeremy" <ood-users-bounces at lists.osc.edu on behalf of jnicklas at osc.edu> wrote:

    Thanks for bringing this up. We definitely need to add it to the documentation, but the bit to flip is by editing the file:

    /etc/ood/config/apps/dashboard/env

    and adding the following environment variable setting:

    DISABLE_SAFARI_BASIC_AUTH_WARNING=1

    This will take effect after a restart of either the Dashboard app running under your per-user NGINX instance, or a restart of the per-user NGINX instance itself. Performing the former is easiest, as you just need to do:

    $ sudo touch /var/www/ood/apps/sys/dashboard/tmp/restart.txt

    on the node that hosts your OnDemand portal and it will affect all users.

    Hopefully in the future the Dashboard will be able to auto-detect in some way whether you are using BasicAuth or another authentication mechanism so that this manual step won't be needed. Until then I will create an issue to add this step to the documentation.

    --
    Jeremy Nicklas
    Web and Interface App Engineer
    jnicklas at osc.edu