[OOD-users] Apple Safari Basic Auth Warning

Nicklas, Jeremy jnicklas at osc.edu
Wed May 23 17:02:12 EDT 2018

Thanks for bringing this up. We definitely need to add it to the documentation, but the bit to flip is by editing the file:

/etc/ood/config/apps/dashboard/env

and adding the following environment variable setting:

DISABLE_SAFARI_BASIC_AUTH_WARNING=1

This will take effect after a restart of either the Dashboard app running under your per-user NGINX instance, or a restart of the per-user NGINX instance itself. Performing the former is easiest, as you just need to do:

$ sudo touch /var/www/ood/apps/sys/dashboard/tmp/restart.txt

on the node that hosts your OnDemand portal and it will affect all users.

Hopefully in the future the Dashboard will be able to auto-detect in some way whether you are using BasicAuth or another authentication mechanism so that this manual step won't be needed. Until then I will create an issue to add this step to the documentation.

--
Jeremy Nicklas
Web and Interface App Engineer
jnicklas at osc.edu