[OOD-users] Help menu windows

Franz, Eric efranz at osc.edu
Mon Mar 12 17:10:42 EDT 2018

Susan,

There isn’t a way in configuration to change this. I opened an issue to track this: https://github.com/OSC/ood-dashboard/issues/349

The short term solution of just changing these links to open in a new window should be easy enough to include in OnDemand 1.3. Since we open other Passenger apps in a new window it would be more consistent to open external links as well in a new window.

If you can’t wait till then you’ll have to modify the application code directly, however. The places to look are:

https://github.com/OSC/ood-dashboard/blob/v1.18.0/app/helpers/application_helper.rb#L22-L24 where in the body of the method you would replace target: target with target: "_blank". That would have the side effect of opening “Interactive Sessions” link in a new window as well.

or

https://github.com/OSC/ood-dashboard/blob/v1.18.0/app/views/layouts/nav/_help_dropdown.html.erb#L5-L11 the calls to the nav_link helper method, you would include the keyword argument target: "_blank" at the end of the method calls for the Help menu links you want to modify.

Thanks,
Eric

---
Eric Franz, Senior Web & Interface App Engineer
Ohio Supercomputer Center
An Ohio Technology Consortium (OH-TECH) Member
1224 Kinnear Road
Columbus, OH 43212
email: efranz at osc.edu