[OOD-users] Is DEFAULT_SSHHOST being honored by shell app?

Franz, Eric efranz at osc.edu
Wed Oct 4 13:31:37 EDT 2017

We resolved this problem via direct email conversations outside of the mailing list.

The problem was a line in the system-wide ssh_config file specifying the `Hostname` to be the node OnDemand was running on. This had the effect of causing “ssh bridges.psc.edu” from the OnDemand node to result in connecting to the OnDemand node, instead of the desired login nodes.

This behavior made it appear like the Shell app was ssh-ing to “localhost” instead of “bridges.psc.edu”, which was specified in the Shell app’s .env file, which was the source of the confusion.

---
Eric Franz, Senior Web & Interface App Engineer
Ohio Supercomputer Center
An Ohio Technology Consortium (OH-TECH) Member
1224 Kinnear Road
Columbus, OH 43212
email: efranz at osc.edu