[OOD-users] Adding Shibboleth Auth to OOD?

Nicklas, Jeremy jnicklas at osc.edu
Thu Nov 9 12:23:55 EST 2017

Thanks Ric for responding to this.

As for post-install, I'd also like to add that in order integrate it with your Open OnDemand install you will need to follow the directions shown here:

https://osc.github.io/ood-documentation/master/infrastructure/ood-portal-generator/examples/add-shibboleth-authentication.html

In particular you will need to find that Apache config file generated by the Shibboleth install (the one Ric mentions) and uncomment or add the following line:

ShibCompatValidUser On

Then you will use ood-portal-generator to generate a new Apache "ood-portal.conf" file that uses Shibboleth authentication. I give an example ood-portal-generator "config.yml" file in the above documentation link.

You'd modify your "config.yml":

$ cd /path/to/ood-portal-generator
$ # edit the config.yml similar to the documentation link above

Then you'd build a new Apache "ood-portal.conf":

$ scl enable rh-ruby22 -- rake

Finally install it in the root location:

$ sudo scl enable rh-ruby22 -- rake install

Then restart your Apache server for changes to take effect:

$ sudo systemctl restart httpd24-httpd

--
Jeremy Nicklas
Web and Interface App Engineer