[OOD-users] Announcing Open OnDemand 1.0

Basil Mohamed Gohar bgohar at osc.edu
Thu Aug 3 12:58:15 EDT 2017

We are happy to announce the release of Open OnDemand 1.0.  We are
introducing versioning to present Open OnDemand in a more cohesive
fashion with known-compatible versions of the various components that
work together and have a defined set of features. Subsequently, the
latest versions of all components have been updated in the
ood-apps-installer script and it is now tagged as v1.0.0 to match the
Open OnDemand release version.

This new version scheme will allow us to:

  * Release new features in Open OnDemand more frequently
  * Better communicate feature development & delivery in a roadmap
  * Give the ability to install older versions and access appropriate
    documentation
  * Tag the versions of each component of Open OnDemand that are known
    to work well together

    Release Highlights

Highlights in this version include:

  * Resource Managers
      o Support for PBSPro
      o Support for LSF 9.1 (partial)
  * Apps
      o Support for interactive apps via batch connect plugins and
        installation instructions for the Desktops interactive app

We are interested in adding support for popular apps like Jupyter,
RStudio, COMSOL Server, MATLAB, Paraview, ANSYS, and Abaqus, so if you
are interested, please contact us.  We want to work with you to help
develop generic support for these apps and more to roll into supported
versions of Open OnDemand.

    Documentation

Release notes & upgrade instructions can be found here:
https://osc.github.io/ood-documentation/release-1.0/release-notes/v1.0-release-notes.html

To get started with installing Open OnDemand for yourself, please see:
https://osc.github.io/ood-documentation/master/installation.html

The latest release documentation will always be accessible from this
link: https://osc.github.io/ood-documentation/master/

    Upcoming

We have some upcoming events you might be interested in.

      Webinars

Our third webinar is coming up on Wednesday, September, 6, 2017. It will
be from 12:30PM–2:00PM Eastern time.

      Conferences

Come see us at Gateways 2017.  We'll be demoing developing an
interactive HPC app for Open OnDemand.

    Keep Updated

To stay informed about Open OnDemand and find out more about new
releases, upcoming webinars, or events, make sure to join our mailing list:

Also, check out website regularly for access to previous materials and
more information:

https://osc.github.io/Open-OnDemand/
--

Basil Mohamed Gohar