[OOD-users] PEARC17 BoF Proposal

Basil Mohamed Gohar bgohar at osc.edu
Thu Apr 20 13:27:52 EDT 2017

All,

We (OSC) are planning on holding an Open OnDemand BoF session at the
upcoming PEARC17 conference.  It goes without saying our chances of
getting a proposal accepted increases with greater community and
institution interest.  In that vein, as we are seeking interested
partners, I wanted to open up the idea of partnering with us to the
members of this list.  You can find some details on the Call for
Submission page here:

https://www.pearc.org/call-for-participation

Potential topics we are exploring include the following:

  * Features
      o VNC
      o Authentication
      o Nested web servers (e.g., COMSOL Server, RStudio Server,
        Jupyter, etc.)
      o Custom workflow design
  * Integration with other technologies (e.g., Galaxy, HubZero, etc.)
  * Custom app development
  * Growing the community

We are, of course, open to other suggestions as well.  Let me know your
thoughts and/or if you have any other suggestions that you may think we
can incorporate.  In particular, your experience installing and using
Open OnDemand would be something that could bring a lot of value to an
Open OnDemand BoF.  Also, you may have some additional topics you'd be
interested in, so please do share, and we can incorporate those into our
proposal.

Our submission deadline is May 1st, so the sooner we can hear back from
you the better.  We look forward to your response, either way.

--

Basil Mohamed Gohar
Web and Interface Applications Manager

Learn more about OSC at https://osc.edu