[Ohiogift] National History Club News

Art Snyder artsnyder44 at cs.com
Wed Sep 30 14:46:20 EDT 2020

Of interest to educators and others who enjoy the world of history, from activities and academics to research and writing:

| National History Club News |
| a partner of HISTORY® | September 2020 |

 Join The National History Club Stanford University Johns Hopkins University

|   |

Gilder Lehrman Online History School     The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History is pleased to offer seven free online courses for elementary, middle, and high school students.  Each course includes presentations, hosted live on Zoom, exploring topics relating to HAMILTON and the Founding Era, AP United States History, the history of voting rights, and women who made history.   Each program is led by an acclaimed master teacher, including 3 previous winners of the National HistoryTeacher of the Year Award. Sign-up is open now and students can begin taking courses as early as the first week of October.  Register for the Fall Online History School!   |

     Read The NHC Spring Newsletter     Click Here to Read!
          NHC Sponsors
   -  American Association for State and Local History
   -  American Civil War Museum
   -  American Historical Association
   -  Boyertown Museum of Historic Vehicles
   -  George Washington's Mount Vernon
   -  Gilder Lehrman Institute
   -  HISTORY
   -  History 500
   -  Laurel Hill Cemetery
   -  National Council for History Education
   -  National Vietnam War Museum
   -  National World War I Museum
   -  National World War II Museum
   -  Omohundro Institute
   -  Organization of American Historians
   -  Society of Architectural Historians
   -  The History List
   -  The Concord Review
   -  Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund
   -  Woodrom Wilson Presidential Library and Museum

|   |

|   |
|   |
|   |

| Join The National History Club |
|   |     For nearly 18 years the National History Club has inspired students and teachers to start History Club chapters at middle and high schools throughout the United States. Members of local History Club chapters participate in local and national programs, and create their own projects and activities. To date, more than 600 History Club chapters at high schools and middle schools in 45 states have joined the NHC, and there are over 18,000 student members.   If you have a group of students who love history and want to get involved in a fun activity outside the classroom, we are the organization for you! For more information --- including our "How To Start a History Club" guide --- please contact Robert Nasson at rnasson at nationalhistoryclub.org    |
|   | Start a Chapter Today! |
|   |

| Stanford University |
|   |     Stanford Department of History offers B.A., M.A., and Ph.D. degrees in History. Faculty and student affiliates explore the influences and perspectives that affect the course of events through a rigorous evaluation of different forms of evidence historians. Teaching how to weigh these sources and convert the findings into persuasive analysis lies at the heart of the department's teaching. Graduates with a History major pursue careers and graduate study in law, public service, business, writing, education, and journalism.    |
|   | For more information on faculty and student research, publications, and courses |
|   |

| Johns Hopkins University |
|   |     The Johns Hopkins History Department offers students the opportunity to work intensively in the classroom and with individual faculty to discover the richness and complexity of history. At the undergraduate level, students begin with general courses, but progress quickly to courses that explore topics in depth and provide experience in researching, analyzing, and writing about the past.   The Hopkins History Department is the oldest PhD program in history in the United States and the recipients of our degrees hold distinguished positions in universities and colleges in this country and abroad. Graduate students work independently and with faculty advisers on reading and research in their fields of interest, while departmental seminars bring them together to discuss their research, forging a collegial intellectual culture.   The department continues to pioneer new areas of research. The department's particular areas of strength include history of the United States, Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia. Most members of our faculty focus on social, economic, intellectual, and cultural history. In addition to the department's long-distinguished concentration in the Atlantic world, it hosts clusters of faculty with common interests in transnational and imperial history; the history of gender and sexuality; African-American history; and the history of capitalism and political economy.    |
|   | Explore the Johns Hopkins History Department! |
|   |

|  |
|    :: rnasson at nationalhistoryclub.org   :: http://www.nationalhistoryclub.org    |
|  |
|     |
|  |

|  |

| National History Club, Inc., P.O. Box 441812, Somerville, MA 02144 |

 |  |