[Ohiogift] National History Club News

Art Snyder artsnyder44 at cs.com
Tue Mar 31 12:41:31 EDT 2020

| National History Club News |
| a partner of HISTORY® | March 2020 |

 Gettysburg College James Madison University

|   |

Virtual History Tours     Looking for something to do from your couch to pass the time beyond a good book and Netflix? Take a virtual tour of some of the world's most famous museums and national parks and gain knowledge about art, science, and history. This is a great way for students and history clubs to continue their studies while schools remain closed. Explore These Museums Today!   |

     Read The NHC Winter Newsletter     Click Here to Read!
          NHC Sponsors
   -  American Association for State and Local History
   -  American Civil War Museum
   -  American Historical Association
   -  Boyertown Museum of Historic Vehicles
   -  George Washington's Mount Vernon
   -  Gilder Lehrman Institute
   -  HISTORY
   -  History 500
   -  Laurel Hill Cemetery
   -  National Council for History Education
   -  National Vietnam War Museum
   -  National World War I Museum
   -  National World War II Museum
   -  Omohundro Institute
   -  Organization of American Historians
   -  Society of Architectural Historians
   -  The History List
   -  The Concord Review
   -  Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund
   -  Woodrom Wilson Presidential Library and Museum

|   |

|   |
|   |
|   |

| Gettysburg College |
|   |     The History Department at Gettysburg College, like many history departments, offers a wide range of courses over time and space. We have courses from Ancient Rome and Egypt to Science and Technology in Modern Society, and cover the globe with courses dealing with all the populated continents and the oceans between.   In addition, we have two undergraduate journals: "The Gettysburg Historical Journal" and "Journal of the Civil War Era". Both journals, while overseen in part by History faculty, are edited and run by upper-level history majors. However, any student can submit an article to be considered for publication. Finally, our proximity to tremendous archives and experts, both here in Gettysburg and in Washington, D.C., and Baltimore (both within a 90 minute drive...depending of course on traffic!) enables us to fund student research in places like the Library of Congress and the National Archives.    |
|   | Find Out More Information |
|   |

| James Madison University |
|   |     The History Department at James Madison University sees knowledge and understanding of the past as the key to the future. Our courses of study emphasize the relevance of history and the resonance of historical studies in today's society and encourage students to apply historical knowledge and skills to solve real world problems. Our History Studio, a dedicated lab facility with cutting edge technology includes 3-d printing, virtual reality, a podcast studio, and video facilities, in which students work closely with faculty to hone their research skills and bring history to life. The department prizes social and digital literacy to shape informed, engaged citizens in the 21st century.   Students --- from prospective history majors to seniors and MA students researching careers --- enjoy advising from "A to Z." We offer a public history concentration at the BA and MA levels and encourage learning through hands-on experience in internships, collaboration with local organizations, and community service-based learning. Our faculty members exemplify the teacher/scholar model, and our small class sizes, intimate learning spaces, and faculty dedication offer the advantages of a small liberal arts college nestled in a large, affordable public university in Virginia's beautiful Shenandoah Valley.    |
|   | Come visit the James Madison History Department Today! |
|   |

|  |
|    :: rnasson at nationalhistoryclub.org   :: http://www.nationalhistoryclub.org    |
|  |
|     |
|  |

|                        National History Club, Inc., P.O. Box 441812, Somerville, MA 02144 |

 |  |