[Ohiogift] The latest National History Club News

Art Snyder artsnyder44 at cs.com
Thu Aug 27 16:17:44 EDT 2020

| National History Club News |
| a partner of HISTORY® | August 2020 |

 This American President Harvard University Messiah University

|   |

Starting a History Club Chapter and Joining the NHC!     For over 16 years the National History Club has inspired students and teachers to start History Club chapters at middle and high schools throughout the United States. Members of local History Club chapters participate in local and national programs, and create their own projects and activities. To date, more than 600 History Club chapters at high schools and middle schools in 45 states have joined the NHC, and there are over 18,000 student members.  Schools are free to decide whether they will be regular History Clubs open to all students, or if they want to designate themselves History Honor Societies, where members must meet certain requirements with regard to GPA and honors classes. The NHC serves as a clearinghouse for all our enrolled chapters to share information and activities with one another through our tri-annual Newsletter and monthly eBlasts. We also run numerous award programs such as the National History Scholars Society, the "History Student of the Year", and the Lessons of Leadership contest to recognize the top students and chapters from around the country.   If you have a group of students who love history and want to get involved in a fun activity outside the classroom, we are the organization for you! For more information --- including our "How To Start a History Club" guide --- please contact Robert Nasson at rnasson at nationalhistoryclub.org  Start a Chapter Today!   |

     Read The NHC Spring Newsletter     Click Here to Read!
          NHC Sponsors
   -  American Association for State and Local History
   -  American Civil War Museum
   -  American Historical Association
   -  Boyertown Museum of Historic Vehicles
   -  George Washington's Mount Vernon
   -  Gilder Lehrman Institute
   -  HISTORY
   -  History 500
   -  Laurel Hill Cemetery
   -  National Council for History Education
   -  National Vietnam War Museum
   -  National World War I Museum
   -  National World War II Museum
   -  Omohundro Institute
   -  Organization of American Historians
   -  Society of Architectural Historians
   -  The History List
   -  The Concord Review
   -  Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund
   -  Woodrom Wilson Presidential Library and Museum

|   |

|   |
|   |
|   |

| This American President |
|   |     Informative, thought provoking, and engaging, This American President is a history podcast that delves into the lives and legacies of the men who have occupied the White House. Each episode immerses you in an era of history by examining the life of an U.S. President. Hosted by Richard Lim and produced by Michael Neal, This American President will challenge the way you look at U.S. history.   The most recent podcast episode focuses on the 100th anniversary of the 19th amendment with an interview of Jane Hampton Cook about her new book on the history of the suffrage movement.    |
|   | Listen Today! |
|   |

| Harvard University |
|   |     Offering programs of study for undergraduate and graduate students, the Department of History at Harvard University is home to a vibrant and dynamic community of scholars.   Undergraduates can choose History as their primary concentration or secondary field as they work toward the AB degree. They may also choose to participate in one of three joint concentration programs: the Joint Concentration in Ancient History (Greek and Roman), the Joint Concentration in East Asian History, and the Joint Concentration in Near Eastern History. Our alumni pursue a wide range of career paths, including business, education, law, and public policy. At any given time, the Department has approximately 150-200 undergraduate concentrators.   Our highly selective Graduate Program trains students to become both skilled scholars and effective teachers. Students work closely with faculty as they engage in coursework, prepare for and take their general exams, work as teaching fellows, and complete their dissertations. Our graduates go on to a variety of successful careers in a range of fields, including academia, law, and government. At any given time, the Department has approximately 100-130 graduate students.   The Department has over 50 faculty members with a wide range of research specialties, spanning chronologically from ancient to twentieth century history, geographically from Asia to the United States, and thematically from intellectual history to global and transnational history. Their world-class scholarship garners awards, fellowships, and acclaim, strengthening the recognition of our department as a powerhouse of historical scholarship. Many of our faculty members share appointments with other departments and schools on campus and are involved in interdisciplinary collaborations with committees, programs, and institutions both at Harvard and around the world.    |
|   | Visit the Harvard History Department today! |
|   |

| Messiah University |
|   |     Located in central Pennsylvania between Gettysburg and the state capital of Harrisburg, the Department of History at Messiah University offers a rich program in historical study. Students may major in History or History with Social Studies Certification, and pursue concentrations in American History, Classical and Medieval European History, World History, Public History, and Administrative Studies, and minors in Digital Public Humanities or Classical, Medieval, and Renaissance Studies. Our faculty teach courses on topics as varied as Ancient Rome, the History of India, the Trial of Joan of Arc, African-American History, Women and Gender in History, and the Age of Hamilton. We also offer opportunities for archaeological fieldwork in central Pennsylvania and Greece, museum studies and oral history, faculty-guided research and publications, archival work at state regional archives, and collaborative digital public history projects such as Digital Harrisburg.   The department is a close community of teachers and students committed to understanding the significance of the past through the lenses of free inquiry, experiential learning, rigorous scholarship, and Christian faith. We deliver an education essential for the twenty-first century with an emphasis on historical thinking, digital proficiency, and public humanities, and we work closely with students to prepare them for a range of employment opportunities.    |
|   | Explore the Messiah History Department! |
|   |

|  |
|    :: rnasson at nationalhistoryclub.org   :: http://www.nationalhistoryclub.org    |
|  |
|     |
|  |

|  |

| National History Club, Inc., P.O. Box 441812, Somerville, MA 02144 |

 |  |