[Ohiogift] Latest ODE EdConnection news - Aug. 17, 2020

Art Snyder artsnyder44 at cs.com
Mon Aug 17 16:03:20 EDT 2020

 Everyone: The latest Ohio Department of Education news addresses several topics: Distance learning professional development for educators; Free social-emotional learning workshop for educators; Annual gifted self-report due Oct. 2; Mental health resources for back to school, and more:

| Having trouble reading this email? View it in your browser. |

|  |

| Aug. 17, 2020
|  |

Philanthropy Ohio and Ohio Department of Education announce the Collaborative Fund for Educating Remotely and Transforming Education
Philanthropy Ohio and the Ohio Department of Education are pleased to launch the Collaborative Fund for Educating Remotely and Transforming Schools (the Collaborative Fund). The Collaborative Fund prioritizes supports that address inequitable circumstances related to delivering quality remote education during the COVID-19 pandemic. Grant awards will be made on a competitive and regional basis to public schools, districts, community schools, networks, school consortia and Educational Service Centers. The deadline for submitting proposals is midnight on Sept. 4, 2020. |

|  |  |
Mental health resources for back to school
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, families and students have experienced unprecedented changes in school and home life. The Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services has created a list of resources that school administrators, parents and caregivers, students and the public can use to find support and respond to mental health needs during these challenging times. |

|  |  |
Update: 2019-2020 PBIS Recognition System
The Ohio Department of Education will provide flexibility in the application process for participating schools and districts for the 2019-2020 PBIS Recognition System. |

|  |  |
Ohio Restart Readiness Assessment Portal, benchmark tests and reporting resources now available
The Ohio Restart Readiness Assessment Portal is now available to districts and schools. The portal contains links to the new benchmark tests, the new Centralized Reporting System and associated resources for each. |

|  |  |

OCALICONLINE 2020 to showcase the Inclusive Education Leadership Institute
This year, the Ohio Department of Education’s Office for Exception Children and OCALI will present the nation’s premier autism and disabilities conference in a virtual format on Nov. 11-13. |

|  |  |
New resource for 2020-2021 College Credit Plus delivery
The Ohio Department of Education and Ohio Department of Higher Education have teamed up to provide new information to high school and postsecondary partners about how best to navigate College Credit Plus delivery during the upcoming school year. |

|  |  |
Distance Learning professional development series for school leaders
Distance Learning Leadership is a two-part mini-series hosted by the Educational Service Center of Central Ohio. During the series, building administrators gain powerful ideas on how to start the year by establishing a vision for distance learning, building relationships and setting expectations for staff while also discussing how to sustain momentum and monitor high quality teaching and learning. |

Superintendents, principals, treasurers, other administrators
Free social-emotional learning workshop for educatorsDistance learning professional development for educatorsSchool Counselor Meetups on Aug. 25
Deadlines and dates

Approaching deadlines or important dates mentioned in previous editions of EdConnection.

   - 8/3-9/11 | Career-technical education alternative reporting window in WebXam
   - 8/10-8/20 | Submit data appeals for assessment, calendar, staff and course data
   - 8/10-9/11 | Review 2020 report card data
   - 8/13-8/20 | Submit data appeals for other accountability assessments
   - 8/14-8/28 | Register for the Orientation for Nurses New to Ohio Schools
   - 8/21 | Submit Remote Learning Plans
   - 8/21 | Apply for BroadbandOhio Connectivity Grant
   - 8/21 | Update EVAAS school and district administrators
   - 8/28 | Confirm or submit district profile link for Ohio School Report Cards
   - 8/28 | Submit proposal to present at the 2020 Trauma-Informed Schools Conference
   - 8/30 | Submit suggestions of industry credentials for students to earn
   - 8/31 | Ohio Seal of Biliteracy world language proficiency testing window for seniors closes
   - 9/15 | District ACT or SAT selections due
   - 9/18 | EMIS career-tech accountability assessment data collection window closes
   - 9/22 | Spring 2020 state-sponsored ACT testing make-up
   - 9/23 | Spring 2020 state-sponsored SAT testing make-up
   - 9/30 | Adopt policy regarding students who are at risk of not qualifying for a high school diploma
   - 10/2 | Gifted self-report due
   - 10/4-10/11 | Register for the Ohio Council for the Social Studies annual conference
   - 10/6 | Spring 2020 state-sponsored ACT testing make-up
   - 10/8 | Submit Rural Tech Project proposals
   - 10/14 | Spring 2020 state-sponsored SAT testing make-up
   - 10/20 | Spring 2020 state-sponsored ACT testing make-up
   - 10/27 | Spring 2020 state-sponsored SAT testing make-up
   - 11/1 | Submit Blended Learning Declarations
   - 11/20 | Submit Green Ribbon Schools nominations

| Does EdConnection fulfill your information needs? Please send any comments or suggestions to the editor. Stay connected with the Ohio Department of Education on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more. See our latest news, events and share with friends. Click on the icons below to follow and engage with us! |

 |   |

|   |
| |  Help  |   Contact Us |