[Ohiogift] Summer Engineering Camps (Paid Scholarships)

Art Snyder artsnyder44 at cs.com
Thu Mar 12 16:22:30 EDT 2020

Everyone:
I just wanted to make sure you had this opportunity to share with all relevant partners!
Summer Engineering Camps (PAID SCHOLARSHIP opportunities for local students) -  Shawn Moore Update - Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) - March 16th Deadline
“Attention high-school counselors teachers and high-school students interested in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) studies and potential careers!  Apply on-line by 16 March 2020 at https://www.same.org/stemcamps to attend one of several Summer Engineering Camps organized by the American Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) in partnership with several of our US Military Services, and sponsorship of local/nearby selected attendees’ expenses provided by the SAME Kittyhawk Post of the Greater Dayton area. These camps provide outstanding, rigorous leadership and technical experiences for high-school students interested in exploring STEM skills and careers.  Campers gain a sense of what it takes to become a STEM professional and what options exist to explore that interest from high-school to college and beyond.  Each camp has a unique curriculum that features hands-on activities conducted in a competitive learning environment that promotes Teamwork, Leadership, Project Management and Problem Solving.  Those students applying from across the Dayton area will have nearly all their camp expenses covered by the local SAME Kittyhawk Post in sponsoring their attendance.   One of our recent student campers provides the following feedback and impressions from her camp experience this past summer:  “Reflecting on the camp as a whole, I would recommend it to anybody with even the slightest interest in engineering. I got exposure to so many fields of engineering: traffic, materials, electrical, industrial, and many more. All of the leaders at camp were very helpful in guiding all of us through the week, and providing insight into what engineering looks like at the college level and beyond. The camp I attended exposed me to so many different types of engineering - it helped focus my passions.  I cannot thank you enough for the support given to me that allowed me to make it to camp.”    This year’s camps are as follows: US Army Engineering & Construction Camp: June 14-20, 2020Vicksburg, MSCost: $100 (sponsorship by Kittyhawk Post for local selectees) US Air Force Engineering & Construction Camp: 20-25 June, 2020Scott Air Force Base, ILCost: $600 (sponsorship by Kittyhawk Post for local selectees) US Navy STEM Engineering & Construction Camp: June 21-27, 2020Port Hueneme, CACost: $600 (sponsorship by Kittyhawk Post for local selectees) US Marine Corps Engineering & Construction Camp: 21-27 June, 2020Camp Lejeune, Jacksonville, NCCost: $600 (sponsorship by Kittyhawk Post for local selectees) US Air Force Academy Engineering & Construction Camp: June 24-30, 2020US Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, COCost: $600 (sponsorship by Kittyhawk Post for local selectees) Who may apply?At a minimum, students must meet the following criteria:• Be a U.S. citizen.• Be at least 15 years old• Completed freshman year by the time he/she departs for camp. Cost: The registration fee for each camp is listed above and includes lodging, meals, materials, instruction, and mentoring.  The Kittyhawk Post sponsors all travel expenses and half the registration fee for local/nearby selected attendees.  For more information: Visit https://www.same.org/stemcamps or contact Eddie Gonzalez, SAME Camps Program Manager, Eddie Gonzalez at egonzalez at same.org, or local Kittyhawk Post POC, Shawn Moore at shawn.moore at woolpert.com. The March 16th, 2020 on-line application deadline is rapidly approaching!. - Shawn Moore from Society of American Engineers (Shawn.Moore at woolpert.com)
Respectfully,
Bryan Stewart
Workforce DirectorMontgomery County ESC & Learn to Earn DaytonP 937.225.4603, ext. 3103 • M 937.657.3395
200 S Keowee Street • Dayton, OH 45402
MCESC.org • LearntoEarnDayton.org

Via
LahelaSnyderGifted SupervisorMontgomery County Educational Service CenterLahela.snyder at mcesc.org