[Ohiogift] ADHD and creativity

Nancy Jamison 1njamison1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 16:56:32 EST 2019

Friends:

A diagnosis of ADHD often presents an array of challenges, for the student
and his or her teachers and parents. But,  the newest issue of Scientific
American differs with this commonplace assertion, as seen in the article
"The Creativity of ADHD," subtitled "More insights on a positive side of a
'disorder.'” The belief in this contrarian analysis is that ADHD actually
is an overlooked and undervalued attribute, worthy of serious
re-consideration. This affects the gifted student, as we all have observed.
The article:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-creativity-of-adhd/

Perhaps we all can help many in the gifted community with such revised
understanding.

Sincerely,
Nancy Jamison