[Ohiogift] Book recommendations

Sandra Warren Sandra at arliebooks.com
Wed Nov 28 11:38:55 EST 2018

Nancy,

I'm honored that you mentioned two of my books.

FYI:
The book Trailer below for *We Bought A WWII Bomber *will give folks a
sense of the amazing thing 7th - 12th grade students did in 1943 to help
the war effort.  *She Started It All, *set in an Honors History class in
present time, tells the bomber story from a historical fiction point of view
*. *

For the picture book set*: Spivey's Web *tells the tale of a gifted barn
spider who longs to spin a web of her own design. Even Spivey is surprised
when her unique and creative web calms a special baby. (A surprise
Christmas ending.)

Happy Holidays to all my friends in Gifted.

Sandra

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 12:54 PM Nancy Jamison via Ohiogift <
ohiogift at lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> Friends,
>
> With the holidays upon us, I wondered if anyone has recommendations for
> books to read or give as gifts in the days and weeks ahead.
>
> I saw a couple of messages about a new book by Sandra Warren, *She
> Started It All*, a middle-grade historical fiction based on the
> nonfiction book *We Bought A WWII Bomber!*. (Both are by Warren.) And
> another book: *Special Populations in Gifted Education: Understanding Our
> Most Able Students from Diverse Backgrounds* edited by the Jaime
> Costellano.
>
> Any thoughts on these or other titles?
>
> Sincerely,
> Nancy Jamison

​
NEW:
​SHE STARTED IT ALL!
        available www.Amazon.com

*We Bought a WWII Bomber: The Untold Story of a Michigan High School, a
B-17 Bomber & The Blue Ridge Parkway!  *
2017 State History Award: Private Printing Category, Michigan Historical
Society
2016 Next Generation Indie Book Award Finalist
*Book Trailer: *https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUmxqhIpadI
​
​
Spivey's Web! in paper back & Kindle at www.Amazon.com
<http://www.amazon.com/>  ebook formatted for any device at
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/768671
​2018 Purple Dragonfly Book Award - Honorable Mention - Holiday Category

Author of Arlie the Alligator and other books for children and adults!

www.sandrawarren.com
www.arliebooks.com
http://sandrawarrenwrites.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/SandraWarrenNC