[Ohiogift] OAGC Back-to-School News Flash - Fall Conference, Advocacy, and More!

Ann Sheldon anngift at aol.com
Fri Aug 17 05:22:36 EDT 2018

This email contains links to a hosting company that is frequented by scammers.
Please think before you click any links.

The Ohio State University will NEVER ask you for your account information by email.
If you receive such a message, please report it to report-phish at osu.edu

NEVER reply to any email asking you for your account information
or other personal details. For more information or to get help,
contact the IT Service Desk by calling 614-688-HELP (4357).
For a more colorful version of this news flash, please go to www.oagc.com/newsflash.asp<http://www.oagc.com/newsflash.asp> .

Fall Conference

The Fall Conference committee is at work finalizing details for the OAGC
Annual Fall Conference. We have uploaded updated information about
keynoters, sessions, registration, awards, raffle, vendor information and
more.  We are expecting another big crowd this year, so please make sure
you register early and book your hotel room. The deadline for hotel
reservation at a special conference rate is Septebmer 21, but the block is
already filling up quickly. All fall conference information can be found at
www.oagc.com/fallconference.asp<http://www.oagc.com/fallconference.asp> . Also, don't forget that the deadline
for nominations for OAGC awards is September 1. Find more information at
the above link.

Gifted HQPD

OAGC has updated our HQPD page to provide the field with professional
development plans and tools to assist with implementing the revised 2018
gifted rule. Check out all of our gifted HQPD resources at www.oagc.com/hqpd.asp<http://www.oagc.com/hqpd.asp> .

Advocacy

The General Assembly is still on summer break, but when they come back
after the November election, there will be a flurry of activiy.  To keep up
on all the latest, please follow OAGC on Twitter or Facebook (see
directions below) or visit www.oagc.com/advocacyalerts.asp<http://www.oagc.com/advocacyalerts.asp>. One of the
main bills we will continue to watch is HB591 (Duffey) which would
radically alter district report cards.

OAGC Review Articles

OAGC is seeking articles for the Fall Review. The official deadline to
submit the articles is November 15, 2018. If you need more time, please
contact Ann Sheldon at anngift at aol.com<mailto:anngift at aol.com>.

Amazon Smile

Did you know you could assist OAGC merely by ordering your Amazon goods?
It's simple.  Just by making the following
portal [5]http://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-7442288 your default for Amazon
orders, Amazon will donate a small percentage to OAGC.

OAGC Scholarships and Awards

The deadline for the OAGC Arts Scholarship application is due on November
15. For more information, please go
to [6]http://www.oagc.com/scholarship.asp. Award nominations are open for
the fall conference. As stated above the dealine is September 1.  Please go
to [7]oagc.com/fallconference.asp<http://oagc.com/fallconference.asp> for more information.

Gifted HQPD -- High Quality Professional Development - GTIGNITE

As the 2018 revised gifted operating standards are now in effect, OAGC has
been working hard to assist districts in implementing the new classroom
teacher gifted HQPD requirement. As part of our on-going effort to ensure
that Ohio's classroom teachers receive Ohio specific and relevant
professional development, OAGC has been working with GTIGNITE to develop
Ohio specific modules.  For more information on this partnership along with
with several tools and documents that will help you plan, provide, and
track gifted HQPD, please go to [8]oagc.com/hqpd.asp<http://oagc.com/hqpd.asp> .

Donate to OAGC

Please remember that OAGC is the only organization in Ohio advocating on
the behalf of gifted children. We hope that you will  consider a donation
to OAGC by going to the following link [9]http://www.oagc.com/donate.asp.

Social Media Connections

Do you Tweet? Follow the OAGC Advocacy Updates by following oagcgifted at
www.twitter.com/oagcgifted<http://www.twitter.com/oagcgifted>.

Are you on Facebook? Become a fan of OAGC by clicking on
https://www.facebook.com/OhioAGC.

Join #ohiogtchat, the OAGC Teacher Division chat, on Twitter bi-monthly
on Sundays at 9pm. For a complete schedule and a blog see the chat's
website at: http://ohiogtchat.weebly.com/ .

Google+ page:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/111305571110815665506/1113055711108156655
06/about