[Ohiogift] SENG event - August 10-11, Columbus

Art Snyder artsnyder44 at cs.com
Tue Aug 7 12:01:21 EDT 2018

SENG event - August 10-11, Columbus

Hello!

I hope your summer is going well! This August, SENG (Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted) will be having a fantastic conference in Columbus at Otterbein University’s The Point. I would love to see you there! (Please see the attached brochure, and information below, for more.)

On Friday, August 10th we will have a SENG-Model Parent Group Facilitator training. Becoming a SMPG facilitator will allow you to be a better resource to parents of gifted children. Two goals of SENG parent groups are to 1) provide an environment to support and guide and 2) increase awareness of the special emotional needs of gifted children and their families. It can be difficult to find other parents to talk about your child with, and this can make many parents of gifted children feel isolated. Additionally, giftedness is not just an academic rank. Giftedness is part of the whole child and lasts a lifetime. Emotional sensitivities is often part of that experience. SENG parent groups offer parents a place to support each other and create community. We will also have a free parent group the evening of Friday, August 10th. Hope you can join us!

On Saturday, August 11th we will have one-day conference. Our keynote speakers are Dr. Ed Amend, Dr. Joy Lawson Davis, and Dr. Mike Postma. There will also be 21 session speakers on topics important to psychologists, counselors, educators, and parents of gifted children. We will also be premiering the 2e2 film at the end of a rejuvenating day!SENG conferences are a special experience! It’s the only conference that brings together everyone that touches the life of a gifted individual, including gifted adults and elders. I hope you will join me there!

Register here: http://bit.ly/Columbus2018

Warm regards,

Heather Cachat

Heather Cachat, M.Ed.
Certified SENG Master Facilitator and Trainer
www.centralohiogiftedsupport.com