[Ohiogift] The National History Club Fall Newsletter

Art Snyder artsnyder44 at cs.com
Mon Dec 11 17:20:40 EST 2017

I am simply one who loves the past and who is diligent in investigating it - Confucius

National History Club Fall Newsletter!

We are happy to share with you our Fall Newsletter, which features a handful of really fascinating Chapter accounts from the past few months! Our interesting front-page article is written by former Virginia Governor Doug Wilder, who served from 1990-1994 and was the first elected African-American Governor. We hope that enjoy reading the issue and please let us know if you have any suggestions for future Newsletters!

 Read the Newsletter!

National History Scholars Society

The NHSS recognizes Club members maintaining an average of a B grade or higher in honors/AP history classes, 2+ years in History Club, and through the recommendation of their Advisor. All students receive burgundy honor cords to wear at graduation.

Click here to view last year's recipients

Lessons of Leadership Contest

With the support of The HBE Foundation, the NHC encourages student members to select a figure (local or state-wide) and examine how that person's actions helped make a lasting, positive impact on history. Contest entries can be submitted in any three of the following formats: 1) an essay 2) a documentary or PowerPoint presentation or 3) a website. $5,000 in cash prizes distributed to five winners!

 Find out more about the Contest

National History Club, P.O. Box 441812, Somerville, MA 02144 --- www.nationalhistoryclub.org