[Ohiogift] National History Club Spring 2017 Newsletter

Art Snyder artsnyder44 at cs.com
Thu May 18 12:30:26 EDT 2017

I am simply one who loves the past and who is diligent in investigating it - Confucius

National History Club Spring Newsletter!

We are happy to share with you our Spring Newsletter, which features a handful of really fascinating Chapter accounts from the past few months! Our interesting front-page article is written by Kevin Cline, a History Club Advisor from Frankton High School in Indiana, who was the recipient of the 2016 National History Teacher of the Year. In addition to Mr. Cline's article, there is coverage of all our spring award programs, including the History Student of the Year, the Lessons of Leadership Contest, and the National History Scholars Society.

 Read the Newsletter!

National History Scholars Society

The NHSS recognizes Club members maintaining an average of a B grade or higher in honors/AP history classes, 2+ years in History Club, and through the recommendation of their Advisor. All students receive burgundy honor cords to wear at graduation.

Click here to view this year's recipients

History Student of the Year

This Spring the NHC and George's Washington Mount Vernon once again co-sponsored the "History Student of the Year" award for the 13th straight year. The book prize was an autographed hardcover copy of George Washington: Nationalist by Ed Larson.

See a list of this year's recipients!

National History Club, P.O. Box 441812, Somerville, MA 02144 --- www.nationalhistoryclub.org

National History Club, P.O. Box 441812, Somerville, MA 02144